Friday, July 18, 2014

-Bad Company, I Can't Deny-



AC/DC's "Walk All Over You" pours through the speakers as darkness swirls all around me, the window covered by two different throw blankets; both of large cats. I have a faint smile ghosting my lips as the small fan across the room, directly behind me on the right, circulates the cool air pooling in from the window.

After having a strange night, the news I received this morning was a blessing. I start my training as a Pet Groomer, Monday July 21st at 10am. I'm honestly relieved and excited at the same time. I love animals, enjoy going to that particular store and so it's only natural that I would be pleasantly surprised to learn that I'll be working there.





-smiles and takes a drink of her strong coffee-

Now, as I mentioned, I had a few moments of strangeness last night. You see, for the past few weeks I've been finding it very difficult to sleep through the night. In fact, I've been waking up every night around 3am. Probably due to stress.


Last night was slightly different. The dreams I experienced before I drifted back to consciousness stuck with me and made me feel off.


I was in a strange house, built on a slight incline, surrounded in trees that towered into the heavens. It was night time, and felt as though I was in Oregon already. But it wasn't too cold or too warm, it felt like fall. The air was cool and crisp and smelt of the forest. I was inside, going through the front room, opening the windows so the fresh air could pour in. But there was one room on the left hand side of the house I didn't want to go into. Ignoring the nagging in the back of my head, I traveled to the laundry room located straight back opposite of the living room, through the kitchen and toward the right. I was going through the motions of throwing in a load of laundry when the thought hit me again... The room. The reason I stayed away from it, was because I knew my Dad was in there. I had a vivid image in my head of him wrapped up in his dark blue sheets asleep. But I knew he wasn't asleep. 


I went out onto the front porch and someone was with me. Not sure who, but I remember telling them that I couldn't go in there... I didn't want to see him like that. Because he'd passed away and had been left in there for a few days. I knew that I was going to need professionals to come and collect him.


The dream shifted and I was still in Oregon, it was still night time, but I wasn't in that house anymore. I was actually in a small mom'n'pop type store with two other friends; one male, one female.


I remember telling them we had a few tests to go through (no idea how I knew that, but it was a thought from a deep male voice... Weird I know) and the young woman was the first one to go through them. I remember she was 5'8-5'9, lanky but strong, broad shoulders in a dark blue/grey tank top and black pj pants. She had dark brown, straight hair just below her shoulders and a feminine face with a slightly husky voice.


She jumped when dozens of jumping spiders started to appear from the darkened corners of the store. I told her to not be afraid, they weren't going to hurt her. I remember how calm I was, as if I'd gone through this myself. The Spiders were actually quite beautiful. All ranged in size; from as big as a dime to the size of my palm. They were jet black, smooth with no hair but their eyes... The most beautiful shade of dark metallic blue that shimmered an electric sea blue green in the light. They didn't move like spiders, more like a squirrel. Less arachnid, more mammal. They didn't wall climb, they simply crawled up onto shelves to get a better viewpoint of us. At one point, I was walking between two shelves and I felt them jump down onto my back. I wasn't scared, I knew they weren't going to hurt me. The odd part was feeling an itch sweep the length of my back. "Crap, they bit me!" I exclaimed when the young woman, somewhere off to the side corrected me. 


"No, they're not biting you. It's him, he's..."


And I woke up.





Groggy and feeling out of sorts, I gathered myself from my bed and checked the time. 2:44am. With a low grumble I left my room and headed to the bathroom. My brain was still trying to suss out the dreams I had just had when I finished up, left the bathroom and walked through the kitchen instead of the hallway closest to the front of the house. I think I was contemplating getting some water but realized I'd have to get my cup from my bedroom and decided to just go outside and clear my head. As I left the kitchen and started passing the stairs leading to the 2nd level, I heard the distinct sound of footsteps behind me. Separate footsteps. I was halfway between the staircase and the front door when I literally just stopped. I focused on any betrayal of sound and found nothing. Brow furrowed, I turned and made a slow sweep of the perimeter, wondering if perhaps one of the munchkins had gotten up. I even looked up into the top level and noticed the doors to my Niece and Nephew's room were closed. I was the only one up and walking around.

The crease deepened between my brows while I tried to recreate the sound I had heard with my feet against the wooden floor. An odd shiver traveled the length of my spine when I realized that it hadn't been me who had made that sound. Shaking my head, I proceeded out onto the front porch, sat down and had a cigarette. As I did, I even typed this all down so I wouldn't forget into the notes feature on my phone. When I finished, I went back inside, into my room and was in bed by 2:58am.


Like I said, weird.


I'm not all that worried about what I experienced last night. Could've just been some weird echo of my quiet footfalls against the wooden floor. But for it to sound the way it did, I would have had to have been in the Kitchen when I heard it in the Other Room.


-shrugs and takes a drink of her coffee-





Not going to think about it. 

In other news of doom, I've been writing everyday. Just a simple story based on the 'what if' thinking of me literally running into the winchesters due to a sea fog that rolled into the desert, which is actually an interdimensional thing and it drops me into their existence. And that anything that goes through that rift will be affected by the energy there. Blah blah blah, you get the idea. I actually like where it's going and it's just nice to be able to write again. Takes my mind off of thoughts that only cause my heart to ache.


And on that note, I'm going to finish this here blog of doom, drink my coffee and continue to wake up. It's a bit harder today because it's finally cool outside with a bit of humidity. Reminds me of my home by the sea...


Anyway... Later days.


-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment