Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dreaming of Shapeshifters



I was standing by a street light, waiting to walk with a group of people around me and I realized there was a Huge Bird Of Prey on the ground to my right, tearing up a palm tree leaf (like they would a prey animal). But it wasn't a Normal Species. It was the Size of a Golden Eagle... As if it were a mix of Eagle and Hawk but had the coloring of a Desert Bobcat... With Big, Honey colored eyes.

I finally pointed Him out to everyone, because nobody really noticed and when they finally did, acted as though they knew he was there the entire time. I remember waving at this Huge Eagle/Hawk and he brought his head up and looked at me. Right then, the light turned green so I had to walk with everyone else when the Eagle/Hawk was suddenly a Bobcat. It shape-shifted so smoothly I didn't have time to register it. And it was Same exact colors…

I reached my hand out while walking away and said, “it’s okay, I won’t hurt you.” and the people around me backed up as the Bobcat started to walk with us, and would kinda walk toward me than stop, until I completely stopped, in the middle of this crowd of strangers and he started to inch toward me. I murmured firmly with a smile, “Don’t Move.” to the people around me. I offered my hand in greeting and he finally came right up to me, sniffed my fingers and stood very still as I gently rubbed his head. After a second the bobcat decided to plop down on his side and allowed me to crouch down and rub his belly.

"See? He likes me.” I announced warmly...

...and woke up.



Weird, right? *takes a drink of what's left of her first cup of instant caffeine of doom* It was so vivid I had to do a little research before I started writing in this here Blog O Doom and found that the Hawk/Eagle (being a part of my Totem) is not only a Messenger, but talks about 'Seeing things before Anyone else does', which explains noticing the Bird before anyone else.

I couldn't find anything pertaining to a Bird shifting into another animal (mostly because I'm still half asleep and only have enough brain power for one thing at a time) especially a Bobcat.

This is the second day in a row I've dreamt of animals. Yesterday, I dreamt of a Desert Adder Snake (and no, I've never seen one until I looked them up After the dream, and that's Exactly what I saw in my dream. Creepy, huh?) but I knew it was an Adder. I also knew it wouldn't hurt me when it was slithering toward me. The only thing I worried about was this weird jack rabbit lookin' bunny, that darted out in front of me and I knew was a threat to the Adder. Something about the Rabbit wanting to Bite the Adder for getting too close.

This is Muh Brain after that Dream...

Ya, I'm just as confused as you are. *chuckles and shakes her head*

It was interesting to find out what the Animal Symbols actually meant. And lately... I've always wondered about Bobcat/Lynx being a part of my Totem. I've had more than a few friends (who knows their Animal Medicine) tell me I had Lynx around me... I've always been connected to Cats of all sizes, but wasn't as Drawn to Bobcats as I was to Jaguars or Lions. Actually thinking about it... I've always been more fond of the Lynx (especially the European Species) but not because they're larger than their North American cousins. Hmm...stuff to ponder when the brain-pan is fully functional.

I needs me s'more coffee goodness... One moment :P *scampers off to make another cup of instant-Doom* Yay wanna-be coffee! *sits down to enjoy her new cup of caffeine* It ain't the good stuff, but it still gets the job done. So why complain? *chuckles*

If anyone has any thoughts about my dream(s) and your interpretation of them, please by all means, leave me a comment and let me know. Also, if you know anything about Animal Totems, feel free to give me your feedback. I'm always interested in learning something new ^_^

Okay... I just did some research on Lynx Medicine and clicked on this website... My Gawds... So far, everything I've read fits me to a T. I often wondered also, why it was I felt that I had More Guides in my Totem than most. It wasn't about, "I have more Animal Guides than you." It's just knowing that I connect with so many different species that it's hard to pick out the ones I like best (because they All mean something to me) and while reading about Lynx People, this really opened my eyes.

Yet it is important that the Lynx person also find a safe space where they too can unload what has been shared with them though it is rare, if ever, that they will share it with another human being. This is why Guides and Totems are so important for Lynx people in general and why they must learn to work hand in hand with them for it is with their Guides and Totems that the Lynx person can release all that they know and all that has been shared with them. Lynx people in fact may have many Guides and many other totems aside from having the Lynx itself as a primary totem. These folks have come here to watch, to listen, to observe so that when the time is right, others can benefit from their knowing and not have to make the same mistakes as others have done in the past. So much is handed to Lynx people that they need the extra support that so many Guides and Totems can give them. 
[Read The Entirety of Lynx Medicine Here

I'm seriously starting to see that I truly do have a very Strong Link to Lynx. 

*Reads the whole thing and can only blink*

Wow... Reading all of that...literally just hit me like a Ton of Bricks. I am a Lynx O.O Holy Crap, they were right. (Yes, I know... Duh! XD)

Wow... I mean, seriously... Wow



Yup...see that face? Totally me XD

And on that note o doom... I Shall bid thee, anon!

-Adieu

1 comment:

  1. So is that expression pre or post *coffee o doom*? Think I might have book on totem animals...I'll check when I get home...helpful uncle ken :-)

    ReplyDelete