Thursday, October 18, 2012

...I Bow to No Man...



Broken is the mind, like rotted flesh, that dangles and flings itself to an unforgiving earth. Tasting secrets along the whispering wind; gentle as it caresses the senses.

Fleeting are these things; emotions and thoughts tangled within a web of confusion. Can you feel me or am I fading?

Where is that glow that led me from the black? There's tragedy in the air...dancing at the very edge of my mind...warning me on wordless whispers...

It's Coming...

*  *  *

They all stared at the broken thing lying on the cold concrete; crimson pooling around a lifeless body. Small streams of fading heat drifted in small twisting vapors toward an endless night filled with stars. No one knew the weight that had pressed too hard, crushing the last of the spirit that struggled to remain. No one was able to fix the shattered pieces; torn strings and battered wings...lost inside a sea of unseeing dreams. Hollow are the remains of a special thing...having become nothing more than an insignificant blip in a tirelessly brutal existence.

*  *  *

Words, weaving through the endless labyrinth behind these tired eyes... So much to speak, but no sound flows from these silent lips. There's a horrible knot forming deep within my chest, an agonizing scream welling in the back of my throat, only to be choked back down as I clench my teeth. I won't allow its freedom. I will not break...not yet.

Not yet...

So many miles to go...so little time. Gotta pull the knife out of my back and turn the tables. I will not be a Victim. If this life thinks it's gunna just take me out, it's got another thing commin'.

A deep voice echoes these words through my mind like a mantra...

"I Bow to No Man."

It brings a ghost of smile to my lips...as I'm once against swallowed by the Black.

-Anon-

2 comments: