Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Flesh and Bone

Twisted moments, strangled and suffocating... Their relentless pursuit to entangle and consume me as I fight to remain as stone. The horrible ache, pulsing within the depths of me, the sensation of something terrible breaking its chains. I can feels its Anger, its Rage. I can feel the undeniable need for Freedom, to be Unrestrained.

Surrounded in the silence, dancing shadows my only friend. Eyes peer, unfocused, into the ghostly face of a computer screen. The eerie glow showering the face, soft features morphed into a macabre vision of a skull. Appearing hollowed out, thin and frail. A slight glimpse of the devastation hidden within the walls of a restless mind.

Days have passed and the body begins to shrink, the restless mind overwhelming the need to eat. Powering through intelligent pursuits. Learning at a heightened rate; forty to eighty pages a day. Distracted with the determination to change, to rush toward the future, taking back the reigns.

Struggling to remain in balance with the Id, but it attacks with claws and teeth, a constant battle to keep what's left of me. It screams its needs, roaring to set it free. But I refrain, calmly standing my ground, keeping the horror held down and restrained. I won't allow this darkness to consume me, to devour the last of my light.

I will fight til I'm broken, bleeding and alone. To keep the Beast hidden...within this tomb of flesh and bone.

-Fades to Black-


1 comment:

  1. You will never be alone hun, there will always be a hand to reach into the darkness and guide you back out MB <3

    ReplyDelete