Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Broken Enigma

A shadow has shrouded my vision... A cold and silent thing that stands in the place of a light that has guided me since the moment I took my first breath. Leaving a strange feeling of an incredibly heavy emptiness that I know will never be filled.



A piece of something vital to who I am, a precious inner light...has died.

...I'm not me anymore.

Struggling to keep myself in one piece. Head up, eyes forward, forcing myself to seek out the new dawn. But there's no clear path as everything has been swallowed in that terrible shadow. Like a thick fog it has consumed and devoured my world. Forcing me to tread through a nightmare version of Silent Hill.



I want to tear this ache from my soul and cast it into the fires... Rid myself of this pain, so deeply imbedded within that Death's Scythe would scarcely reach it.

Shattered. Unbelievably shattered. Hollowed out by tragic events of which there was no escaping. Tattered and off-center, hanging off the edge of a cliff waiting for that inevitable fall into a ravenous oblivion.

Seeking solace within the quiet, the silence a comfort as the internal screams echo defiant white noise behind swollen eyes. Desperate to release them, to find the light taken far too soon.



There's only shadows that remain. Unfeeling and hollow they dance along the walls of my mind. They know me here within this tattered mist. Fragmented pieces of a dying spirit strewn out across the floor, a hint of red staining their edges.

Unable to truly describe these...Feelings... Finding a numbness taking over, a strange quiet swirling around me, suffocating me.

It'll pass...and I'll rebuild myself.

But it won't be the same. Never again.



-E-


No comments:

Post a Comment