Friday, April 10, 2015

A Girl and her Xenomorph

Strangeness is the feeling that curls through my body as odd images dance behind my tired eyes. There was something about the dream that troubles me, but I can't put my finger on it. I also remember something about being on a transport, a space traveling ship that was taking us from a station to a relatively new planet to deep space travelers. But there was something on the ship with us...hiding in the air ducts and deep inside the hull, just behind the metal walls that separated us from that silent, cold void. I sensed it in the long shadows that stretched along the steel deck... a Strange kind of wheezing breath that whispered down from the vents telling me I wasn't alone. I could feel it following me everywhere I went. My very own alien shadow.

There was a slight altercation in the loading deck... I had gone in to run a quick diagnostic check on one of the doors leading to the airlock, (routine maintenance basically) when I heard heavy footsteps echo against the metal walls behind me. I turned and there stood a well built man with piercing blue eyes with a very unpleasant smile. I felt my stomach twist and my chest tighten. I didn't want him anywhere near me.

I tried to get away from him, tried getting around him so I wasn't trapped...but he was faster then I had anticipated and the next thing I know I'm pinned up against the cold metal wall by the throat. As I felt myself losing consciousness, my head throbbing and my lungs spasming, I witnessed something black drop from the ceiling behind him in complete silence. Specs of light began to fill my vision as his free hand bit the flesh of my stomach, attempting to tear my brown jumpsuit from my body when that terrible shadow began to rise up behind him. 

He seemed to sense something was off and stopped long enough to see my bloodshot eyes staring at something just over his shoulder...

I watched the blood drain from his face when a low hiss echoed from the living shadow, its frightening face inches from the back of his head. I recognized that grinning mouth, glistening silver teeth encasing a second set just waiting to spring out.

Eyes clenched shut, I was waiting for that horrific crack and the splatter of blood and thicker things to follow... Instead I was suddenly released and slid down to the deck, coughing and wheezing; struggling to take a normal breath when I opened my eyes and looked up.

A skeletal hand was wrapped securely around his throat, holding him almost three feet off the deck, his boots dangling in mid air as the shadow's lips began to quiver, sending thick globs of saliva to pool down its chin and dribble to the floor with soft wet slaps.

His eyes bulged out of his head as it brought him close to its face and began to open its drooling mouth filled with those metallic teeth. I wanted to look away, plug my ears and pretend this wasn't real. But there was a part of me that needed to watch. Needed to see this sick sonuvabitch get what he rightly deserved.

It was a split second. Something flashed like quicksilver, a loud crunching pop followed by a splatter of blood and thicker things and the smell of urine that trickled down his pant legs, having lost control of his bladder moments before. There was another hiss, as if annoyed, when it tossed him to the side and slowly dropped down to all fours facing me. I didn't dare move as it inched toward me, its whip like tail weaving through the air behind it like a lazy cat. 

I was backed up against the wall as if I could somehow become apart of it and just merge into the cold steel of the ship when that obsidian death brought its face to mine. I could smell the blood lingering on its breath as it hovered over me, reminding me of a dog investigating a stranger. The next thing I know, its gently nudging my chest with its forehead and I realize what it wants. With a trembling hand, I place it palm flat against the smooth expanse of its face where its eyes should be and feel my brow furrow when a strange purr resonates from deep inside its chest.

The dream changed its viewpoint and I was watching from the outside, as if the camera was panning out.

There, sitting on the cold cargo bay deck of the ship with her back propped against the wall was a girl and her Xenomorph.



*  *  *  *  *

And I woke up. Crazy dream, huh? -chuckles and drinks her coffee- Oh and yes, I'm up early because I have to make an appearance at the DMV this morning...oh joy. I'd rather not, but it has to be done.

And on that note...wish me luck ^_^

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment