Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Break On Through To The Other Side

Music travels through the delicate pathways of my eardrums as headphones cover my ears, drowning out the quiet of the early morning. Strange images still dance behind sleep filled eyes as an overactive mind tries to decipher their meaning. Symbols and themes caress my wayward thoughts; playful fireflies blinking off and on within the black as I try in desperation to capture them. Elusive little shits.




-chuckles and takes a drink of her coffee-

The sky was an endless darkness as night held the world in its secret embrace. The air was crisp and comforting, the scent of fall curling through my senses. A gentle reminder that the blaze of summer will end and the beauty of autumn will lovingly take its place.

The first scene I can remember, was walking into an apartment and realizing Jim Morrison was standing in front of me. “There she is!” He announced with a warm smile and wrapped his arms around me.

“Uh, holy shit hi!” I stuttered in surprise and hugged him back, eyes wide with astonishment.

He let go and smiled down at me, “I was just telling her about you.” Jim replied and motioned over his right shoulder toward the kitchen to the left of my vision. It was a faceless woman getting something out of the fridge with long, light blonde hair. 

“You were?” I asked the obvious, trying to wrap my brain around what I was experiencing. The room wasn’t modern, neither was their attire. I was literally standing in His time period; as though I had crossed a doorway through time without even realizing it. Which had literally been the door to his apartment.

“He was just telling us that he has this incredibly talented friend.” The woman quipped from across the room with a warm tone and motherly smile. 

Jim seemed to beam at this and wrapped his arm around my shoulders only to announce, “a friend I’ve known for years. Been awhile since we’ve seen each other.” 

I smiled and leaned into his embrace before he let his arm slip away. “It has been awhile.”

“Well it’s good to see you Cat.” Jim replied when another woman, a strawberry blonde who’s face I couldn’t place but I felt as close to her as I did Jim.

“Honey, don’t forget.” She said in the softest voice that reminded me of spring sunlight dancing along my skin. “You’ve still got to head out.” She then saw me and gave a bright smile, “Hey lovely.”

A warm smile filled my face, “Hey beautiful.” I replied and returned her little wave before she disappeared down a hallway.

“Well, gotta head out. Don’t be a stranger, alright? Things are different now.” Jim explained and held the door open, as if he were going to head out before me.

Something in my stomach tensed and a bad feeling danced the length of my spine. “Wait!”

I was cut off by the smile he gave me, an odd kind of sadness filling his soulful eyes. “It’s okay kitty-cat.” He mused softly and stepped through the door.




-takes another drink from her Nightmare Before Christmas Thermos-

Scene changed again, but it was still night. I was in that familiar beach city created somewhere in the back of my mind. That place I mentioned before. I was with another group of friends, looking in the distance toward the heavens when something strange happened.

There was a pulsing fog against the black of night, almost like a veil, and as I watched, I could see those other planets I’ve spoken about, the twisting iridescent galaxy and something else. Another huge planet with a thin rim of rings, something I haven’t seen before. 

“Can you see it?!” I exclaimed like a child seeing Santa’s slay high above the houses. 

“Barely, what is that?” The faceless female friend to my right replied and I growled in frustration.

“I need my camera.” I thought aloud, turned and ran back toward the small building we were all residing in, found my camera and came charging back out and almost ate-shit down the small flight of stairs leading down into the grass. I ignored my moment of grace and started snapping pictures. Somehow, the camera picked up more then what the human eye could see.

It was the same planets, same galaxy and that added goliath to the right. My heart leapt into the back of my throat at the thought that this was real. I finally had proof. I could finally show everyone what I had been talking about. It was so beautiful I started to get choked up and knew that if Dad were still alive, he would’ve loved this.




-pauses as her chest threatens to tighten and takes a drink of her coffee-

I had started walking back to the building alone, glancing at the pictures I had just taken when one male friend was waiting for me near the glass doors. I gave a small smile and trotted up the small flight and had noticed another friend of ours down near a hedge about fifteen feet away when the guy to my left called out.

“Dude, book it! You’ve got a Mountain Lion trailing!”

My eyes turn to my right and I see a very large, dark golden Mountain Lion crouched, crawl-sprinting toward him when I ran across the front of the building and stopped until I was about ten feet before the large cat. “Hey! Ease down!”

The cat tensed as if scolded and relaxed, stood and brought it’s huge golden eyes to my face. It’s posture completely changed from going in for the kill to playful and relaxed. “It’s okay, he won’t hurt you, will you baby?” I said in a soft voice and the cat started walking casually toward me. I felt absolutely no fear for my safety.

“Don’t let him get close, he’ll kill you!” The guy shouted behind me and the Mountain Lion’s eyes focused on the men behind me and it’s posture changed. It thought I was being threatened. “Hurry up and get over here so we can go inside!”

I was torn. I wanted to spend time with the Mountain Lion, but if I did it would have no problem eating my friends and they weren’t about to leave me out there. “Fuck it.” I spat under my breath, threw my head back and let out a wolf howl. At first, the large cat stopped and just looked at me in confusion. I paused to take a breath and let out an even louder howl but this time, the cat seemed excited and start trotted happily toward me.

“Dammit, Erin! It’s only calling it closer to you! Get your ass over here!”

With a snarl of frustration I booked it over to my friends and went inside the building. I could see the Mountain Lion make his way up the stairs as if he owned the place and just shook my head. “He wouldn’t have hurt me.” I stated in a low voice and looked a little to the right on our side of the glass where another Mountain Lion was curled up, fast asleep. I turned toward the men, their shared expression of fear and shock bringing a sinister smile to my lips. I purred, “They’d never hurt their mother.”




-|-

Weird dreams huh? 

-chuckles and takes another drink of her coffee-

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Wish I could transfer the images of that other universe into pictures. Every time I see that place, that other solar system… I think of my Dad. He loved Space so much…

Anyhoo, on that note…I’m gunna try to wake up properly and maybe play s’more Agar.io. Now that’s a fun game that’ll eat your brain cells. Especially when you play under the name Ellen Ripley and end up on the leader board -grins evilly- I highly recommend it.

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment