Friday, July 3, 2015

Find Me In Dreams



When that comforting shadow of night begins to curl around my tired form, I find myself being carried away toward a familiar place. I've been there so many times before that it's become my second home. A place with endless blue skies and crystal clear seas. Where sometimes I find myself looking up toward the heavens and see distant worlds staring back at me. It's the same planetoids every time. There are two specifically that stay together. One is six times larger than our moon, and the one in front of it, on the lower left hand side is three times larger. Both are water planets, especially the larger one. Seeing them in the early afternoon sky is just breath taking. The suns are also just as beautiful, one right next to the other. A white giant with a slightly smaller golden sister. 

I don't know why I've been dreaming of this place, but it's been happening for as far back as I can remember. If you think that sounds beautiful, seeing those planets ghosting the darkness above your head with a massive twisting galaxy in the distance would take your breath away. The inner portion shimmering with vibrant purples, electric blues and glowing greens... My words will never do it justice. 

It's also in this special dreamscape that I've had familiar company for the past few weeks. In those brief moments I'm not alone. I feel wanted, safe and dare I say... Loved.

-|-

Sheets tangled along a resting form as she shifted her legs, having curled onto her left side, the pillow soft and welcoming. Fighting the urge to get up, she buried her face against its softness, as if she could somehow melt away and be consumed in all that comfort. Of course the effort was futile and she was now unfortunately, wide awake.

A groan trapped itself in the back of her throat when she felt the bed move followed by a firm body pressing up against her from behind.

Petal soft lips left a kiss on the nape of her neck. "Comfy?" A rich growl of a voice rumbled out in question, sending delicious waves of heat to travel down her spine and nearly made her shudder.

A slow nod of the head, "MmHm." She murmured softly and felt him place his chin on her shoulder.

"Ready to get up?" He asked in that low thunder and chuckled when she shook her head and hid her face against her pillow. A smile pulled at the edge of his lips when he quipped, "you're adorable." draped his arm over her waist and pulled her flush against him; the naked expanse of his well muscled chest pressed against the softness of her exposed back. She let out a surprised squeak at the sudden closeness of him and pulled the sheet over her head.

An appreciative laugh filled the quiet darkness of the bedroom as she tried, and failed, to hide under the sheet between them. With shake of his head, he pulled the thin material back long enough to push her onto her back, position himself to where she was forced to wrap her legs around his narrow waist as he draped himself along her body and gave a rueful grin. "Helllloooo nurse!" He exclaimed with a wiggle of his brow and let out a low chuckle when she rolled her eyes at him. 

A small hand smacked him playfully on his left bicep. "Dork!" She retorted with a smile and squeaked when he wiggled himself against her.

"But you're so adorable!" He managed to put his hands on either side of her face as he said this. "I just can't help myself!" 

Her eyes narrowed into slits as he proceeded to smoosh her cheeks making her look like a puffer fish. "Look at that face!" He sing-songed teasingly and pressed his forehead against hers until she was drowning in his irises. 

She blinked as he just stayed that way for almost a minute when he finally mused, "hi." And quickly flew back when she let out a warning growl and launched forward, ready to headbutt him.

"You jerk!" She snapped while trying to pinch his sides and let out an irritated growl when he grabbed her by the wrists and pinned her arms down against the mattress. "You're lucky I like you..."

"Oh really?" He purred with a husky laugh and quirked a brow. "Thems fightin' words, little lady."

She scoffed as a devious grin danced across her full lips. "Come closer and I'll show you." Her words were wrapped in silk but he knew better.

"Oh no, I'm not falling for it." He countered with a smirk when she she tried to bring her legs up and decided to pin her down with his weight, knowing she was trying to put her feet against his chest to push him off. "I don't think so, you saucy little lynx."

A sigh of defeat danced through her clenched teeth as she relaxed against the mattress, knowing she wasn't about to go anywhere with his goofy ass pinning her there. She had to change tactics. Instead, she decided to play nice. "Can I please get up?"

He searched her face with a weary expression, "I don't know..." he trailed off and canted his head to the left and added, "can you?"

Murder flashed in her eyes which made him laugh, "I'm kidding!" He exclaimed and not only let up, but rolled off the bed to get out of her way. He knew better than to get within hitting distance. That woman was deadly with a pillow.

Eyeing him carefully, she slowly sat up, swung her legs off the bed and just glared at him. When he put up his hands in defeat, she stood and started stretch her tired muscles when she was suddenly flung back onto the bed; he had snuck up and tackled her back down against the mattress.

Before she could unleash a torrent of curses she was suddenly silenced... As the feeling of those soft lips pressed against hers in a possessive kiss caused all brain function to cease to exist.

-|-

Just a small tidbit from the dreams I've been having lately. Incredibly adorkable, I know. 


-gives a small smile and takes a drink of her coffee-

As pleasant as they've been, the warm feeling tends to drain away once I realize it was only a dream. It's odd to say that lately, I've been looking forward to falling asleep, knowing that in that dreamscape, I have someone waiting for me...

-gives a Gaelic shrug-


Not sure what they mean, but they're still lovely just the same.

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment