Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Unbalanced Equilibrium



Music swells sweetly through the small headphones placed carefully in my ears as a cool fall breeze dances passed the parted blinds of the open window to my right. Coffee, rich and strong, pours down my throat in a warm trail of comfort as my fingers dance along these black keys.

An attempt at some kind of normalcy as the strange dizziness continues to cling at the back of my neck. Possibly due to pinching a nerve somewhere in the middle of my back yesterday. I thought buying some whiskey would help with the sharp, needle like sting that would explode every time I tried to move. It did, to an extent. I didn't feel much of anything, which allowed me to take a short nap; muscles and mind relaxed enough to allow rest to swell through me.

Last night was uneventful except for the hilarious new episode of Supernatural that had me bubbling with laughter even long after it was over. The cast, crew and writers really out did themselves with that one. Easily a new favorite.

Today, I'm alright. Mostly. Received a phone call not more than twenty minutes after I finally pulled myself out of bed, the 24 hour home care that had sent a lovely Nurse just the day before (hired through the VA) to ask how things went. There was the pleasantries as well as the subject of me taking on the professional role of Dad's caretaker rather than they sending someone out three days a week, for three hours at a time. So now, I have an appointment at 10am next tuesday to go in and discuss everything. I'll need two professional references, legal documentation, as well as a scheduled TB test and Physical. I mentioned I don't have a doctor and was informed I could use the resources they have available. They were very supportive and helpful...

I just... Have a very serious issue with Doctors. I don't like being touched by strangers, especially doctors. I know how strange that sounds, but it is what is... And I'm willing to get over it to help Dad. I have a feeling this will be temporary until Dad and I move in with my Big Brother and his lovely family by January 1st.

I think it would also be better if I went through the normal caregiver routine, as his Live In rather then only compensated for 9 hours a week. But that's all the VA is willing to pay for, and it's something, so I'll take it. It just doesn't make sense to have them send someone for that short amount of time when I'm basically here 24/7 and Dad needs me for more than 3 hours at a time. And Dad wants me to get compensated for me taking care of him.

Allot to think about...

-Yawns and takes a drink of her coffee-

Anyhoo, I'm going to go and continue thinking...gotta make a few phone calls... I hope this nerve thing eases up soon, cuz if I keep feeling like this I won't be able to drive to the store for Dad. -Sighs-

Heh, wish me luck.

-Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment