Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Lessons of Broken Yesterdays


Night fell like a skeletal hand of secrets, grasping at the lingering streams of daylight, only to toss them aside to make way for the newborn shadows.

I stood alone in my thoughts as a cold breeze weaved along my still form, nature's attempt at a playful game of tag but my mind was elsewhere. Cars became blurred streams of color, racing by with little to no sound, telling me that I was in a dreamscape. A quiet warning that not everything was what it seemed. Painting echoes of reality that would breathe life into a dull background. 

An energy unlike that of my surroundings caught my attention and I found myself turning toward the source. A terrible shadow pulsed into existence and rose from the earth like a demon emerging from the gates of hell. Most would be consumed with fear as this living nightmare began slinking towards me, a flash of silver dancing along the obsidian of its curved skull as distant moonlight poured down from the heavens. I should have been afraid, but unlike most, a welcoming smile pulled at my lips as I found myself raising my right hand in greeting.

The terror, now no more than a foot away, crouched before me and placed its eyeless face inches from my offered hand; lips closed, serpentine tail relaxed against the broken pavement as it went still before me. 

"Hello, beautiful." I cooed in a gentle tone and ran the palm of my hand along its smooth forehead in greeting, "how's my big girl?"

The creature let out a strange hissing purr and scooted forward, only to bump its head gently against my chest; its clawed hands resting next to my feet as its tail whipped lazily back and forth behind it like a well fed cat. 



It's moments like this in dreams, that I feel safe. A frightening thing such as a Xenomorph having become more of a family member, a welcome monster turned-pet by the inner child within. It is there in that endless universe of possibility that I feel whole. When this reality seems too much, I close my eyes and drift into the arms of unconsciousness where I know I'm home.

Gotta random poetic-prose inspired by twisted dreams only I could love.

*smirks and takes a hefty drink of strong coffee from her Nightmare Before Xmas thermos*

It's a beautiful, chilly autumn day as a large Raven continues its annoying chatter on the phone lines no more than thirty feet ahead of me. I roll my eyes and proceed to take a hefty inhale of my new vape; enjoying the the fog that fills my lungs and billows from my nose and lips. Grateful that I'm finally able to do so, no longer having the desire to light a cigarette. It's been almost a week since my last one, and I don't intend to have another. This is something I've been looking forward to for a very long time. No longer filling my lungs with toxins, nor smelling like a walking ashtray. I feel a sense of relief and accomplishment because of it. Definitely money well spent.

I feel better in general, having landed a job that inables me to not only have the means to do so, but allows me to be myself. I am so very fortunate and grateful to have found work that feels more like a second home. As of right now, I only work three days a week. I intend to snag a second job so I can start to properly work on my Ellie, who I know misses being driven.

As the days draw closer to the holidays, I'm reminded of the recent year of being lost. It is a painful reminder of how quickly things change.

I have been reluctant in admitting that precious items were not only stolen from me, but that a very important piece of my faire garb that I had spent years building, had been sold without my knowledge.

My belt, with my replica gun, alien blade, my pouch and a few personal items I can never replace, that were memorial pieces of people I've lost... Was sold for 20 dollars, simply out of spite. 

My sword, a Jack Sparrow replica my Father used to oil for me, was stolen. 

I am left with only my hats, a small dagger and a few buttons here and there. Everything else will have to be replaced. 

It hurts that I spent years building my belt, memories of Lory in those pieces, taken from me because that... Person, did it to 'teach me a lesson'. The same person who kicked me out of my own apartment, threatened to throw what little I had out onto the street before I even had a chance to move in. 

*let's out a heavy sigh and shakes her head

I digress. I'm in a better place now after everything I've experienced since last year around this time. Somehow I'm back in San Pedro. My home by the sea. I have my Eleanore and she's safe. That's all that really matters.

I think, for now...I'll end it here, before I let myself think too long on the betrayal of someone who I had called 'friend'. Someone who I thought better of. Only to learn that I was just a thing to be discarded.

People are never who they say they are.

Be careful of who you allow into your life. Always remember; a genuine face generally comes attached to liars.

And on that note, I think I'll watch a horror movie on my phone via Netflix.

-Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment