Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mmm...Coffee...

Exhaustion rolls through me as I drag myself from a deep slumber and throw myself back into consciousness. Warm streams of sunlight bleed in through the open blinds as I maneuver my zombie-like form from one room to the next, my mind focused on only one thing; Coffee. Strong Coffee.



I shuffle quite ungracefully through my home and thriller walk into the kitchen, half coherent, and proceed to make a pot of that rich, life-giving nectar of the gods.

And when that last drop fills the carafe, I'm immediately drawn into the kitchen once more, to pour that delicious magic into my Nightmare Before Christmas Thermos, add the appropriate amount of milk and sugar, than shuffle back to my chair... Intent on getting comfortable before I take that first sip.

It's like fireworks in my tired brain after the first initial drink. Warmth spreads like an unclenched fist through my chest as the caffeine swells through my blood, bringing life into this zombie-like form.

Click this here picture to enjoy its full sized goodness :P

It's one of those mornings where I'm thankful to have a break from all the crazy of the past... 7 days. I was able to go to bed knowing I didn't have to Jump as soon as morning broke through the cover of night. I woke up hard; disgruntled and discombobulated. An angry ferret in desperate need of caffeine goodness. And now, I have my oh-so-delicious coffee, enjoying the cool, ocean-kissed breeze that dances in through the open windows, caressing my tired form. I'm slowly readjusting to myself again, knowing I can relax enough to sit back and consider something new to write.

I have something in mind, which has been pestering my thoughts for awhile now... It's been so long since I've written something in that genre that I'm not sure where to begin and how it will all pan out. I hope it turns out well...and that I can write it out, finish said story and share it with those souls who'd be interested in reading it. (Cryptic of me, no? lol)

When I finally figure out what to write, I'll let you know...maybe give a few tid-bits to see if anyone would enjoy the rest. Until then, I need to get it out of my thoughts and into a story-line. *chuckles*

Alright muh lovelies, I'm in need of more coffee and possibly a small PB'n'J sammich to sate my craving for sugary goodness :P

-Adieu


1 comment:

  1. Yesssss...coffee & pb&j...food of the gods...I know...it's my favorite combo!

    ReplyDelete