Saturday, August 17, 2013

Worn Down but Not Defeated

Darkness spills across the landscape, swallowing the lingering light of a late summer day. I sit within the silence, enjoying the long shadows that stretch all around me as my thoughts drift into the broken crevices of my mind.

Old memories surface, questions lingering behind my eyes as a hornet's nest of emotions buzz angrily into existence; a thousand stings of rage at such an unwanted intrusion. How dare I awaken them...jostling them into a frenzy of unresolved contempt and resentment.

Searching these old internal chapters I've unexpectedly reopened festering wounds hidden beneath a mask of silence. Waiting for that moment when the warmth of curiosity would bring them screaming back to life.

The soul has become a blackened, heavy thing. Desperately I fight the urge to reach inside and dig it out, cut out the pain and halt this madness induced delirium.

Just to feel somewhat normal again. To be free of this internal chaos, this waste of energy driving a rational mind toward the edge of oblivion.

Words are fleeting, broken things. To make sense of this disheveled soul, to pluck out the crazy and find peace in the dark. To be empty...to be still.

No longer be at the mercy of a weary heart.

I fight to make sense of things, to bring logic to the forefront when irrational emotions are desperately trying to destroy the delicate foundations of my weakened sanity. They slash at me, clawing at the remains of my spirit as I struggle to drag myself toward a distant source of light.

I will find my way again. I will make it.

I've got nothing left to lose.



-Fades to Black-

No comments:

Post a Comment