Thursday, August 22, 2013

Two Days Of Chaos

Well, been a few days since I've been able to update everyone. Why? Remember how I was struggling to have a better day on Tuesday? Well, seems the Fates decided to throw yet another curve ball my way... Ellie wouldn't start after work. She tried desperately to turn over, but there was no 'boom'.

Ya, this definitely sums up how I've been feeling... :/
So I contacted my Blonde sisters Tammy'n'Julie for help, and they were able to drive out and we tried workin' on her for a minute. We had a feeling it had to do with the 'spark' that gets the engine going, and after calling both our Dads, they had the same answer; "The Distributor." So seein' as we were losing day light and didn't have the tools available to fix her ourselves, they called AAA. Here's the kicker; I got into my car a quarter to 6pm, the girls got there around 6pm and we didn't get towed until 9pm.

I'm trying desperately to stay calm about everything, knowing that I had things I needed to do for my Dad and with Ellie not working, I was trapped. So I relaxed and I ended up staying with Tammy'n'Julie and Ellie was placed perfectly in their driveway (the tow truck driver was an absolute Gem) so we decided we'd work on her the next day.

Wednesday rolls around and around 8pm we were finally able to get some help from Marco and after taking her apart and trying to start her, nothing happened...so they put her back together and we agreed we'd have her towed the next day to my mechanic once I got ahold of him. 

Today I get ahold of my mechanic and he said he'd have a spot for her if I could get her towed up there and to just leave my keys with the cashier and he'd look at her right away in the morning. So with some time to kill, I got the chance to give her a much needed bath, making her look all pretty and shiny.

Now here's the funniest part of all of this...

Tow truck dude shows up and we fill him in on all the stuff we did and what we know she needs and he asked if we'd tried to start her since then. We hadn't, so he gave it a shot...and wouldn't you know, shit you not, she started. She roared to life. 

Instead of having to get her towed, Marco followed behind as I drove her all the way to my mechanic's and left her there for the night. I also left a little note along with my keys that asked if he could take a look at the turn indicator on the steering column because the right signal doesn't work anymore and I asked if it were possible, if he could lift my head lights a little because ever since they were replaced with new ones, the light shines directly beneath the hood and I can't see the road. So hopefully, that'll all be done by tomorrow afternoon because if not, I'll be forced to rent a car for a few days with money I don't really have.

So ya...good times. But I will say this; If it weren't for the Angels in my life, I honestly don't know how I'd make it each day. With everything I've been trying to deal with, they have been the very reason I haven't completely snapped yet. I can never truly convey how much their love and support has kept me from just giving up. I Love You All, from the bottom of my weary heart. You are the reason I still try...the very reason I still hold the smallest grain of hope for humanity. Why I don't completely Hate all humans. But to me, you're not humans. You're Angels.

I am honestly and truly blessed to be able to call you Family.

And with Ellie starting up the way she did... Talk about a miracle.

But I can just see a smirk curling the edge of full lips as Riddick's voice rolls like living thunder in the back of my mind,"Heh...god has a fucked sense of humor."


Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment