Friday, December 21, 2012

Can I Dream?

Darkness surrounded and consumed me, traveling on naked feet, lost and confused as I walked the broken streets. A sense of danger swirled around me, faceless demons laughing in the dark.

I pulled my jacket close against the chill, but there was no wind…no sound, as if the world had become hollowed out and I was the only one left.

The scene before me shifted and faded, transitioning into another dream before my very eyes. I didn’t like where this was going…

I found myself at my old house, a group of friends there…suddenly surprised that I’d returned. What I thought was a celebration…perhaps based off my birthday… It was, but not for me. I was unwanted. Unwelcome. Cast out…from where I thought I belonged.

I felt something inside me snap as I watched them drive away…

My vision blurred and in the next moment I was left standing there, brow furrowed as something warm began dripping from my hands.

...I’ve never seen so much blood...

My head fell back in a scream… I felt my vocal chords strain with the sound… But the air contained emptiness. There was nothing…not even a whisper.

All except for the sound of my heart beat and the gentle pattering of living crimson falling at my feet.

*  *

That’s when I woke up.

*sighs* I hate nightmares…

-Anon-

No comments:

Post a Comment