Thursday, July 18, 2013

Zombie+Coffee= SPAZ



Golden waves of light break gently over the sleeping horizon, casting glowing streams of morning fire through the swirling marine layer overhead. A calm seems to dance through the still air around me as I slowly drink down the rich warmth of strong coffee from my Nightmare Before Christmas Thermos. I pause, enjoying the way the heat streams down my throat and pools in my stomach; a phantom hug from within.

My emotions are less aggressive in their pursuit for freedom as my small fingertips dance in a practiced fashion along black keys. Which allows me a clearer head, a moment of calm within the storm that's tearing through my soul.

It's been hard for me to take things day by day, a part of my brain hellbent on impatience; 'It has to happen Now!' it snarls in agitation, wearing a path of frustration into the ground as it paces back and forth. 'Why isn't he healing faster? This is bullshit! You're about as useful as a bird hitting a jet liner mid flight!'

I've been fighting that growling voice, the impatient teenager that dwells within. There is an interesting scene unfolding within the vast catacombs of my mind. The Innocent Child has been clinging to the thick fur of the Beast; finding comfort within its powerful form. It pays no mind to her presence, apparently content with her tiny form hiding next to its large frame. It only lets out a low reverberating growl when the Impatient Teenager comes stomping into the room, giving the irritating presence a warning that its behavior will not be tolerated.


*yawns and takes another drink of her coffee*

I guess that's a creative way of saying my emotions are starting to mellow out and I'm able to think with a clearer head. It also helps to know that even though it's been a day-to-day process, Dad is in fact, feeling better. I can hear it in his voice. And he's getting an appetite again. I've also noticed the packet of Emergen-C I made him drink yesterday (before I went to the store and bought him a multi-thingy O'doom) gave him more pep, as if his body went, 'Woo!' lol He even took the multi-vitamin before bed and when he got up, he opted for a cup of Raisin Bran instead of coffee, and seems to be doing better.

It's not allot, but it is Definitely an improvement, which helps my anxiety immensely. 

I've been trying to hold it together like any rational creature trying to get by... But there was so much pent up emotion inside that it was boiling over every time I tried to steady myself. I'm not the crying type, so you can imagine how irritated I've been that my eyes have been leaking every chance they get. So it's a relief that I'm feeling more like myself this morning.

And it's now 7:12am and I gotta quickly get myself ready, get my beautiful Eleanore warmed up and head off to work. The earlier I leave, the less traffic I'll hit and the more time I'll have to get me some coffee on the way there.

So on that note muh luvlies, I shall bid thee anon ^_^

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment