Saturday, September 7, 2013

Twisting Echoes Of Madness

Broken echoes and self-induced isolation. 

They can't find me here, nestled in the darkness, hidden from the light. Here the madness takes over, a flash of steel within the black, the choked giggle floats away from twisted lips as sanity pours out in tiny red streams, bleeding into eternity.

Pain is a distant thing as the shimmer of silver tastes ivory flesh. They seem to call to each other; two wayward fireflies dancing within the black. Beckoning for that cold comfort, that terrible rhythm only the shattered can understand.

A loss of something precious has been swallowed by the abyss. A sickening cry echoes into languid shadows, stretched out like macabre marionettes controlled by the maniacal hands of an unfeeling fate.

The tears have long since dried; scattered ashes of a forgotten yesterday. Life remains still, hollow, unchanged...empty. The seeker has become the hunted, nothing more than weakened game for a ravenous hunter.

Silence seems like such a comfort; a skeletal hand outstretched to pull you in to that otherworldly embrace. For that final moment of peace; when the earth is swallowed by Leviathan, I want to bury myself against Fenrir's fur and watch the world burn.



I'm drifting on a sea of strange thoughts and flickering emotions. Poeticism of a darker kind... The horror of the darkness, my sweetest friend. The terrible beast my gentle guardian. These words, a shattered mirror of what's left of my mind...are nothing more then just that. Words. Twisted and dark, but truthfully harmless.

Because without them, without the release I find here within this empty space... They would become ravenous beasts eating away at what's left of my emotions.

I want to be empty...I want to be still. Hollow me out so I can move forward in silence. To be a shadow within the night...away from all the noise and all the light. To finally know peace...

...that would be an awfully big adventure.

-Fades to Black-

No comments:

Post a Comment