Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bitterness Is An Ugly Shade

The thoughts drift against a cool morning breeze as I struggle to find myself within an internal fog of secrets. Though I can barely see an inch in front of my face; vision consumed in that glowing mist as it swirls playfully along my still form... There's a clarity here within the gray. Soul-whispers that course through me, filling me with hidden knowledge only in dreams can I decipher.



There's a part of me standing within the darkness of indecision. Quiet and still, she raises her hand toward the heavens, wondering if there's something out there...waiting to bring her home.

My loss is in the knowing that soon a kindred will be rising toward the arms of the Great Spirit and nothing I've done, nothing I'll do...will stop this passage. The fight has gone on long enough and now we are nothing more than slaves to the universe. When it calls you back, there's nothing that can stop it. We are all made of stardust...and for every light, comes a time when the stars call us home.

I just wish it wasn't so soon...

*sighs and takes a drink of her second cup of coffee*

There's been allot weighing on my mind as of late, and despite the situation I'm faced with, there are other thoughts trickling through me that I figured would make for good reading (if written properly of course lol). Speaking of writing, I'd like to touch on that article I found about a certain woman who calls herself an 'Author' (Lynn Shepherd) who wrote; "If JK Rowling Cares About Writing, She Should Stop Doing It"

I literally had to read it twice to see if it were a farce. But no, she's being serious and what blows my mind is the second paragraph;
I didn't much mind Rowling when she was Pottering about. I've never read a word (or seen a minute) so I can't comment on whether the books were good, bad or indifferent. I did think it a shame that adults were reading them (rather than just reading them to their children, which is another thing altogether), mainly because there's so many other books out there that are surely more stimulating for grown-up minds. But, then again, any reading is better than no reading, right? But The Casual Vacancy changed all that.
Wait, what? You'd think someone who's blatantly attacking someone for their work would, I don't know, have taken the time to do the research so they could form an Honest opinion. Not only does she have no valid opinion other than her obvious bitterness toward a fellow author, but she proceeds to go after those who enjoy the work even if it's Young Adult. As if she looks down her nose at it and those who read it who aren't 'Children'. 

That right there is... As Hook would say, "Bad Form." 

I literally felt the individual discs in my spine tense with every line I read. By the time I'd finished, I was ready to put a hole through a wall with my fist. Especially when I got to this last part;
By all means keep writing for kids, or for your personal pleasure - I would never deny anyone that - but when it comes to the adult market you've had your turn. Enjoy your vast fortune and the good you're doing with it, luxuriate in the love of your legions of fans, and good luck to you on both counts. But it's time to give other writers, and other writing, room to breathe.
The term 'Slap a Bitch' would be adequate for the level of hostility she managed to stir up inside of me. 



I've been writing since I was 8 years old, that's over 22 years of experience along with being an avid reader and fan of Fellow writers. The majority of us are Supportive of Each other. I am Proud of friends who are doing well in their work. I'm elated when they're not only published, but getting the recognition I know they deserve. There's no bitterness or jealousy towards them just because they're doing better than I am. This 'Lynn Shepherd' is nothing more than a bitter child throwing a shit-fit that she's not getting the attention she wants. I have no idea whether her work is good or not, (which I'm going to change very shortly when I do some research and then I'll let you know my thoughts... Which is the Right Thing To Do.)

*growls* The sheer audacity of this woman... This creature who deems herself a 'Novelist and Copywriter'... I want to purchase a Hard Copy of one of her 'Books' just so I can wind up like Babe Ruth, thus cracking her in the head with her own work in an attempt to knock some sense into her.



*clears her throat and gives an innocent grin*

'Ahem', anyhoo...

I'm going to do some research, like I said I would...then I shall return and tear her apart...err, I'll 'critique' her in the appropriate fashion. Should be fun...

*grins evilly*

On that not muh lovelies, I shall bid thee anon... Wish me luck ;)

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment