Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hidden Behind Tired Eyes



Thoughts in my head, endless and relentless... Streaming away from me... Images, pictures of flickering movement... Haunting.

I should be sleeping, but the mind is a devilish trickster... Whispering, seducing...beckoning, 'Come Play.'

I fight the urge, this primal need... To feel the adrenaline tear through me... Devouring, burning, scolding away the sins of broken yesterdays.

Taste of the divine, sticky sweet and heavenly. Filling me until I've been hollowed out by love.

Will I feel this embrace again? That unseen hand reaching out to hold me when the darkness forgets my name... Casting shattered images of warmth along the walls of my wounded soul. Weeping in the silence as the tears fade to dust...nothing more than a lost angel drowning within the arms of an unforgiving fate.

I can't put the pieces back together, fragmented reality slipping from bloodied fingertips. They tremble as I struggle to hold on; teeth clenched in determination to gain back the person I was meant to be.

Careless were the moments taken for granted. Not having them here...able to touch and laugh... To see intelligent starlight sparkling within smiling eyes. The purest souls taken too soon... Regret the poison that strangles my heart and leaves me choking on my pleas for one more moment... Such precious, fleeting things...

Time a chrysalis of an unknown tomorrow.

To have that back, a second brought forth through memory. A living capsule trapped within the tireless weavings of an over-active mind. Gods how I miss them. Bittersweet and haunting... Breaking me.

These words, falling freely through delicate fingertips. They dance, so fluidly, so beautifully as bloodshot eyes fight to remain open.

And now as the song 'Moonlit Sonata' comes to gentle close through the intricate wires of my headphones... I will finally take my leave. Desperate for sleep to find me...and mayhaps, in dreams... I will find solace.



-Anon-


No comments:

Post a Comment