Thursday, May 2, 2013

Funny How Things Work Out


A wave of exhaustion rolls through aching bones as the brain roars to life; electrical impulses swelling through organic pathways, firing off and pulsing as thoughts echo through endless catacombs of living tissue. 

A yawn breaks through the quiet, as air is pulled into a pair of strong lungs, forcing the tired form to wake from its first night of actual rest. 

Blinking, heavy eyes peer into the ghostly face of the computer screen while long nails tap gently along black keys; words forming in small black print as fingers perform a rhythmic dance against the keyboard.

I awoke with a start this morning... Realizing it was not my Alarm bringing me back from the world of dreams, but my Father's thunder from behind my bedroom door. It's only then that I realized my alarm had Not gone off like planned. Growling, I nearly fell out of bed, thoughts still trapped in a haze of sleep and awake, not quite grasping the meaning of the time. As my feet traveled the small distance between my bed and door, only then did I realize I was running late.

After paying my morning homage to the porcelain gods, I tried to fight off the beginnings of an Anxiety Attack at the thought of how I was going to manage to get to work on time when it naturally takes me awhile to get going in the morning. And not just myself, but my Car as well. She's almost 43 years old, all steel and tends to soak up the damp, ocean air while she sleeps. So it tends to take her at least ten minutes to get properly warmed up in the morning. While I, need at least two hours prior to wake up properly so as to avoid my Anxiety boiling to the surface. So you can understand my mindset when I realized I had less than 30 minutes to get going.

I found out, however, that in contacting work that I may be late due to my alarm not going off properly, I was informed that I didn't need to be in til 9:15am. Which pushed away all the weight that had settled painfully against my chest and was able to take a very deep, needed breath.

So now I can relax and enjoy my instant-coffee O'Doom consumption, knowing that I don't have to leave until 8am. Which is definitely a relief, seeing as I finally did manage a full night of sleep and am still groggy from getting the hours I so desperately needed.

*chuckles at the image and proceeds to shuffle off to make another cup of instant Doom*
I find it amazing that there's only 3 weekends left of Faire. My Gods...has it really gone by so fast? Mayhaps it's due to having been busy during the week as I looked forward to every new weekend. Too distracted to sit, anxiously waiting for the days to pass.

*hears the beep O'Doom and scampers off to make her second cup*

Mmm sweet delicious goodness ^_^ *chuckles'n'shakes her head*

I'm just thankful that instead of my morning going wrong, it managed to right itself and I'm still looking forward to having a good day. Gotta love that Silver Lining ;) Or maybe I rather enjoy seeking out the Positive in this, rather than focus on unneeded negativity that will do me no good in the long run. Ya... I'll go with that :P

Also, the Poetic Blog I wrote last night just before I went to bed... Was definitely strange. Not something I've done in a long time. It has no real structure, just a painting of words that when blended, no longer seem like chaotic splashes of thoughts, but turned into accidental art. Or something... O.o *smirks at her own dorkiness* No idea what possessed me to write it in the first place, but it felt good to do so. Maybe I needed it? *shrugs and takes a drink of her caffeine O'Doom*

Well my luvlies, I think it's time I bid thee anon, and ingest as much of this delicious Doom as I can before getting ready to start my day.

-Adieu



No comments:

Post a Comment