Wednesday, May 1, 2013

*growls angrily at the Sun*

Darkness swells all around me, as the haunting chorus of dawn trickles in through the open windows; songbirds singing their praises to the rising sun.



I am disgruntled... Exhausted and aching as time rolls by at a snail's pace, reminding me of the sleep that was stolen from me. I tried in vain, to sleep at a decent hour...but for some ungodly reason, the internal mechanisms within would not allow a proper shutdown. I tossed and turned, desperately reaching toward nightly oblivion, but found that every time I took to the edge and tried to unravel my wings... A disembodied hand reached out from consciousness and tore me away; dragging me; kicking and screaming, back into my body.

One hour of fighting myself, than found myself forced to go to the bathroom. Went back into the shadowed sanctuary of my room and tried again...only to find myself wide awake and ended up struggling with myself until I was too weak to fight anymore, and finally laid back down around a few minutes to 2am. After an hour of finally falling asleep, I was surged awake by the sound of my alarm blaring at 5am. 

So it's safe to say I am Not in the best of moods. I've had a total of possibly 3 hours, and I have to be in my Car and on my way by 6:30am. Work today, should only be til 11:30am, but I won't get home until 1pm if I hit normal traffic.

*growls softly and sips her Very bitter instant coffee* Oh and you know you're an avid coffee drinker when you find that the milk you generally use to cut back on some of the harshness, has expired and you are forced to dump the remainder and instead, use cold water to at least cool it down so you can get some kind of caffeine.



*swigs back a few gulps and lets out an angry yawn*

So ya...today's gunna be just... Shiny. *Smirks'n'shakes her head* I'm leaving early so I can stop and get some freshly brewed coffee, and not have to speed to where I need to be. I'm sure my 43 year old Ellie will appreciate it. And when I finally do get home, I'm going to have to fight myself to stay awake as long as physically possible, crash around 8pm if I'm lucky and do this all over again tomorrow.

Whoot... *growls and chugs her bitter cup of caffeine* ...Wish me luck...

-Adieu

1 comment:

  1. at least there's coffee o doom to get you through...without it we'd all be zombie gerbils in our little wheels

    ReplyDelete