Sunday, June 9, 2013

Blissful Caffeine

Crisp, night air echoed through the trees; invisible hands of ice trailing gently through the darkness. It was just after midnight as a creature moved with a languid grace beneath a thick canopy of living green. The rich earth was cool and soft beneath bare feet, almost comforting the wandering soul that journeyed deeper into the thick forest, set on escaping its previous world of harsh light and teeth-chattering noise. It was peaceful here, where nature's design overwhelmed the landscape with unrestrained abandon. Living monoliths towering into the heavens, their twisted branches outstretched, as though reaching out to one another, banding together in an endless army of sleeping titans; ever watchful in their silence.



There were no crowds, no mindless swarms of footsteps thundering back and forth like a disease passing through broken veins of concrete. The air was clean, no hint of exhaust or eye-watering perfume masking the stench of human waste and filth. There was no man-made noise or ear-piercing chatter of machines, just the gentle ambiance of a living forest... And if you stayed very still...you could almost feel the world breathe around you.

It was safe here, but only to those who understood the laws of the forest, respected the natural world and all creatures (no matter how grotesque) that dwelled within. To the countless others, however, who gave no qualms about the sanctity of another living being, they would quickly find themselves venturing into the mouth of an unforgiving beast... Never to be heard or seen again.

Which was just as well, knowing that this ethereal place was safe from the destruction of hate, made it the perfect sanctuary for a wandering soul who never felt a connection to a world of tireless greed.

*  *  *  *

And...that's all I got. *chuckles and takes a drink of her Third Cup of REAL Yuban, Dark Roast Coffee*

An update to all the utter chaos of the last few days... The maintenance guys that said they were coming back over yesterday in the early hours to work on the bathtub, Never showed up. It was only around 11:30am (having been playing phone tag with our Apt Management) I learned that the guy was going to do the work on the tub (Which was legit; he has to fix the drain and spray a polymer paint over the entirety of the bathtub as quickly as possible so he can vacate because the Fumes, are in fact, dangerous and we'd need to be out of the apt for 4-6 hours to allow the place to air out) was planning on coming out at 9am, but Failed to inform his Supervisor, who instead, sent him somewhere else and we as well as management, were left in the dark. She (One of our awesome management ladies) scolded them for this, and apologized profusely for having to reschedule until Monday morning. Which actually worked out rather well.

I was able to put gas in Ellie and go to the store. And for the Very first time, I was able to Cook in an old-fashioned Cast Iron Skillet and make Dad and I, Bacon and Eggs. 


A little Collage of the New Stove and Food O'Doom ^_^
I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be able to make a meal again in my own home on a Stove that works. And!! Be able to make REAL Coffee in our awesome Coffee Maker O'Doom.

It's even made a difference in my Father's Health in just a Day, which has taken a Tremendous Weight off of my frightened heart. There is a Marked Improvement in his energy level and state of being. He actually Sounds like himself again, especially after Finally having a decent cup of coffee after Months of living off of Instant Crap. Another reason for this... Is his body has Finally rejected Beer. He has no want or need to have another drink. So his system is slightly discombobulated, and having Normal Coffee and a Home Cooked Meal, in just a Day, has had a wonderful affect on him. I have a Very Good Feeling that I can Heal him through my Cooking. I am Hellbent on making damned sure my Dad will remain in my Life for as long as possible. I plan on having him come with me when I finally Move to Oregon. I will not Leave him behind. I Want him in my life, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it stays that way.

*yawns and takes a hefty drink of her Amazing coffee goodness* So ya... Rambling goodness at its best. And now, I will continue to ingest REAL COFFEE and eventually make myself some bacon and eggs ;)

Whoot!

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment