Friday, June 7, 2013

Conflicting Thoughts

Echoing images, flutter and sway behind these tired eyes. The body aches, straining to regain its ability to function at a normal level as a delicate hand reaches over to a nearby coffee cup; small fingers curling carefully along the smooth, warm surface. In a graceful movement, the cup is brought to thirsty lips to taste of that caffeine rich nectar, letting it pool in the mouth and pour a line of heat down the throat. The warmth expands like an unclenched fist, spreading its fingers only to gently trail heated fingertips along the walls of my stomach. It's a comforting feeling, warmth spreading out from just behind my ribcage. My breath hitches slightly and I feel more aware, more alive... 



The gift of coffee, what a beautiful invention.

Focused eyes flicker over to the right hand corner of the screen, noting the early hour. 7:30am. A very early hour for this nocturnal creature to be stirring from her slumber. But it is necessary evil to be awake as the sun breaks over the sleepy horizon, yet remains trapped behind a thick, gray marine layer that makes the air crisp and taste of the ocean. It has a Silent Hill kind of feel to it...and I welcome it with open eyes.

Dreams continue to swirl just beyond the doorway of my consciousness. Sensing those misplaced memories from a place that only exists in my mind. Remembering the charming smile with Violet Blue Eyes...such an unnatural shade, so impossibly beautiful. But I remembered something about a genuine face... They usually come attached to liars. He was not to be trusted. 

I kept my distance, making it apparent that I wasn't the friendly type. I wasn't anyone's 'buddy'. I was just passing through and these young folk were just an annoyance. I had to keep going, get as far away from these humans as soon as possible. They couldn't be trusted... Not with the secret I harbored. The Thing that I was...made of Nightmares and darker things. Suffice to say that Animals were more my Kin then those hairless two legged creatures. A living abomination hidden behind the guise of a young woman...but if one looked to closely and saw the truth within my eyes... They'd notice the unnatural way they looked through you... The Wolf Amber encased in Leopard Golds and Greens. The gaze of the Haunted...the Animal.

I had to get away. There was no telling when it would come, the surge of heat turning my blood into a liquid fire as the shift took hold and left me helpless under its wake. I couldn't let them see... The Beast In Me. Even if I felt they were all just mindless sheep, they had every right to be here and I couldn't live with myself if the Shift took hold and they found their untimely end by the edge of unnatural claws and teeth.

The woods seemed to call out to me, the shadows beckoning; safety within the arms of Mother Nature. I knew I could find sanctuary there, and all would be safe from the ravenous jaws of a terrible beast that paced behind my watchful gaze.

As my body traveled on its own accord into the safety of the forest... The dark earth cool and soft beneath my bare feet, the scent of trees and fresher things playing with my senses as a breeze trickled along my tense form... I knew everything was alright. No harm would fall on those hairless creatures, and I was free to roam with the Animal thrumming just beneath the surface, knowing it was home here... 

That's when my body broke me from my dreams and brought me back through a fog (that place between sleep and awake) and I could hear the gentle song of the birds just outside my window, welcoming the new dawn. 

*smiles and drinks down the rest of her first cup of instant doom*

I'm up early, due to the management sending the maintenance guys over without any warning yesterday. They showed up just before 10am wanting to switch out the old stove and put in a new one. Thankfully, they offered to come back at 1pm because I wasn't awake enough for them to be there and my Dad was still sleeping. When they came back later, they suddenly had to not only Paint the bathroom ceiling, but tear apart the drain in the bathtub and replace... We were Not informed about that. They got the stove put in, and the ceiling painted, but they have to come back around 10am again to finish the tub and fix a broken outlet in the kitchen. I wasn't upset with the guys, they're all really nice and do a damned good job at what they do. I am, however, Very irritated with Management. They failed to inform us about the bathroom and Forgot about us telling them about the kitchen outlet. I had to tell the Maintenance guys while they were here about it. 

*lets out a soft, growling sigh and gets ready to make another cup*

It would be common courtesy if they simply informed us Before Hand, so we're not caught off-guard by strangers showing up. *grumbles and sips new cup of coffee* It only adds to the stress that I'm currently dealing with. Certain things that I don't feel like sharing in detail with the masses... I'll only say that I'm very worried about my Father's health and that if things don't start to improve in the next week or so, I'm taking him to a Doctor. Let's just hope that it does improve... Pray that it does...and you know I never ask that.

*takes a deep needed breath and lets it out slowly*

Well, I think I've rambled on long enough for this morning. It's 8:14am now and I need to wake up properly and be ready for when the guys come back over. 

*sighs under her breath* I'd love to have a good day...

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment