Saturday, March 16, 2013

3 Hours of Sleep...Weeee!

*blinks and stares at the screen as her brain threatens to implode*

It's 5:37am... I'm on my first cup of caffeine and feel like the world is waay too damned quite. *Decides to throw her headphones on and listen to some music O doom

Alright, music established... No more 'Quite Background' to distract me (things tend to be amplified in the quiet...it's weird, but true)

So...why in the Sam-Hell am I up at this ungodly hour? Pre-Renaissance Faire Classes. Since I've been going for over 9 years, and have actually Worked/Volunteered, I qualify as a Master and have to have at least 3 classes done. Which I plan to do today all in one shot. They're only an Hour each, so from 9am til 11:20am, I'll get those done and wander about appropriately. I also have to revamp my Garb (Costume) seeing as I've lost weight and inches in the past three years. Actually four years. So, because I've shrank a few dress sizes, I most definitely need a Bodice. No idea how I'm going to figure that out *chuckles* I do have some money put away, but I've been saving that for a trip this summer. I'm sure it'll work out. Generally when stuff like this happens kinda last minute, it turns out better than I expected.

Gotta learn to roll with it, ya know? Kinda pointless to fight against the rip-tide when you could just ride the waves in ;) (I've done it, it's fun :P)

Oh the difference between a Bodice and a Corset; (Thanks to Google)
Simple Bodice
Corset

And the best way to know if it Fits you right is the following, "If You Can Breathe, It Doesn't Fit." It's gotta fit you like a glove, and yes, you want it Snug. It's gotta hold everything in place and it gives you great posture if it's made well.

Trust me, you want it to fit well. Because at the end of the day, after all that running around with all the stuff you're wearing (which could be over ten pounds of accessories around you waist) once you take it off, your back thanks you. If you don't have proper boning (Support) your back will hate you. Why go through it? Because honestly... It's fun :P

*yawns and looks at her nearly empty mug of coffee goodness* Damn...you'd think with all the coffee I've been drinking in the past few days would be enough to keep me awake even now. *smirks* Ya, hardly... I'm gunna chug this and start workin' on s'more caffeine :P

*shuffles off toward the almighty kitchen O doom-returns with said caffeine along with some crackers and peanut butter* Mmm Breakfast O.o

So... Why only 3 hours of Sleep? Well, I tried to get tired, which even when I finally laid myself down at Midnight, I literally fought to sleep until 2:30am. By the time I actually fell asleep... My gorramed Alarm went off. So Ya, definitely got the Zombuh thing down today.

Should be a good day though, going to Faire and seeing my Family again (Yes, they've become Family to me) will be really therapeutic, no matter how crappy I'm feeling, they always find a way to make me feel better. That's why even at my worst (physically speaking) and could barely walk... I still got into Garb and went. Because I knew it was worth it. And ya know what? I was right ^_^

That's the one place I really recommend for people who haven't really come out of their shell yet. Faire was the biggest reason why I finally became confident. When I finally felt comfortable in my own skin. Faire is about being comfortable with yourself and learning that at Faire, You are going to be loved for Who You Are. It's encouraged ;)

When I first started, I was 19 years old. I didn't start attending seriously until I was 20. Damn near ten years later and it's become my second home. And if you really want to see a whole new side to me, come to faire ;) I don't get crazy (seein' as I already am lol) I just become really confident and charming and a bit cocky. Without alcohol! Oo lol I think being in Garb has something to do with it. I become a different character. Once I put on my Garb, I switch over to Onyx Wildcat (emphasis on the 'Wildcat') and have been known to draw a crowd while randomly yelling about Peanuts or Rum or being myself with a group of friends. It also cracks me up that I'm so used to complete strangers wanting to take pictures of me, or with me. It's like we're all in this Live action play and we have a blast interacting with not only each other, but with Patrons too. It's honestly one of my favorite times of the year ^_^

And on that rambling note of goodness... It's 6:45am and I gotta get my goofy self in the shower and be ready to go by 7:30am. So I shall bid my lovelies anon and maybe have some good news on a new bodice when next we meet ;)

*waves*

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment