Monday, March 11, 2013

Is Odin Trying to Tell Me Something?

You ever have one of those, “What in the hell…” moments?

I just had one of those… Like the universe just slapped a post it note on my forehead that reads, ‘TADA!’

Here’s why…

For you see, I’ve always written about a Massive Beast… Guardian of an Abyss. And just recently wrote the following;

I stand my ground as it approaches me; massive head craning down to bring its powerful jaws to my small hand. I can feel its hot breath enveloping my skin, the delicate hairs bristle and stand on end as Goosebumps rise along my flesh. I can feel the thrum of its life force dancing into my pores, trickling through the muscle and bone…flooding my veins.

I fight the urge to catch my breath, knowing I need to be still, knowing this is a test. My hand remains out stretched as those razor sharp canines fill my sight, the jaws partially open, as if considering a bite. But I refuse to show fear, refuse to back away. I have just this moment…this is the role I have to play.

An offering of complete trust, so fragile and delicate before this immense power, given form in the guise of a monstrous beast.

I’ve also written about it being ‘Restrained’ or ‘Caged’ and about it wanting to break free. That it’s not out to hurt Me, but Protect Me. 

(Keep following along, it gets even stranger)

So…I had this dream a few years ago (That never made any sense) where I was standing at the bottom of the cliffs near my home overseeing the Pacific, when I opened my arms and ‘Willed’ Some Thing from the depths. As I did this, the head of a Snake emerged from the ocean (You ever see the New Queen Mary? Ya, just it’s HEAD was That Big) and it was peering down at me as it started to rise…and rise…and rise… It seemed endless as it ascended into the heavens while thousands upon thousands of Snakes, of all kinds, began to sliver away from the Ocean, passing me and going further inland. 

I remember people panicking and running to get the hell outta dodge when a voice exclaimed, “By The Gods…what have you done?”

I turned and there was one male human, standing between Two Human-like Werewolves who stood at least 6’8, wearing clothes, all sharing  the same horrified expression on their faces.

I remembering feeling a sense of Sadistic Justice, and with a maniacal grin on my face I purred, “Don’t worry…it’s just Leviathan.”

And than I woke up.

Here’s where it gets really strange…

I’m slightly familiar with Norse mythology, but I’ve never truly known who Fenrir was. Recently, I’ve been seeing that name allot and have felt a pull to do some research on him.

I was floored by what I’d found.

1st Excerpt; “Norse mythology, a monstrous wolf who was a major threat to the gods until they found a way to chain him, using a magic fetter. The name Fenrir means "from the swamp." Also known as the Fenriswolf, he was the offspring of the trickster fire god Loki. His sister was the goddess Hel and his brother the evil serpent Jormungand.”

2nd Except; “Fenrir was suspicious because of the thinness of the band. The gods agreed to free him if he could not break out of the fetter himself, but Fenrir was still reluctant to have it put on him. He asked that someone put their hand into his mouth as a pledge that the gods were acting in good faith. 

None of the gods was willing to take such a risk, knowing full well the deceit, but then Tyr stepped forward and put his right hand into the wolf's mouth, making the sacrifice that would keep the gods safe. Fenrir was bound with Gleipnir, and he tried with all his might but could not snap it. The gods laughed to see the wolf's distress--except for Tyr: Fenrir closed his mouth on Tyr's hand at the wrist.”
 (You can go to the Original post Here)

So…strange about my ‘Beast in Chains, hand offering’ writing… Even creepier is Dreaming of that Damned Snake, and only a few hours ago…learning about Fenrir’s Brother and I found a picture that ran chills throughout my body of the Serpent known as Jormungand


 What do you think? Weird, right?

Cuz honestly… I got nuthin’

-Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment