Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Still and Unseen

I need to get these feelings out...tangled along words, shattered thoughts dangling at the edge of an abyss that watches with hollowed eyes. I want to make sense of the venom that's twisting through my veins. But I refrain from my lips forming sound, holding back the need for spoken word...knowing no one would truly understand. Though I've known this truth for forever it seems... It still stings something inside me, knowing I must remain silent so as to not provoke unneeded grief.

The essence of alone being my only true salvation. Within the Silence I am free; allowed to live inside my mind with no unwanted attention from the outside. Hidden away from prying eyes. Words of encouragement merely an illusion so that when a crack is formed, a mere glimpse of trust, the poison seeps in... Wounded once again by the twisted intent of a silhouette's perception.

There's no such thing as Safe... No place of true sanctuary that isn't hidden behind the silent gaze that watches phantom faces as they continue to drift by. To place blind trust in another is an unthinkable act. To become vulnerable, thinking one could find comfort...only to learn that within that false comfort, they wait for your quietest moment...and without warning, a blade is embedded into your flesh. They continue the torment, pushing the blade ever deeper...and when you're breaking down, only than do they apologize. There is no real remorse in this... It's already been thought out, they know how you'll react...so they do it in such a way that it appears more like a 'slip'. The purpose is not to inform you... It's to cut you when you're already weak. Driving the pain home, wounding you because they, themselves, are wounded and want to share that pain.

Monstrous, unthinkable... Especially when it's from a soul that claims to 'Care'.

Churning are the emotions coiled within, writhing and hissing like a nest of angry vipers. I cannot fight them anymore, my internal walls having been reduced to nothing more than the forgotten ruins of a tortured soul. Why fight what cannot be won?

I can feel the energy swell like a lunar tide, boiling over only to destroy everything it rushes past... Snuffing out any warmth left inside, forcing me to drown in a flood of my own creation.

There is no sorrow in this, no fragile hand reaching out to be rescued. No want or need for pity, for there's nothing left to save. I live within this silent darkness, my hidden world beyond the light. Away from curious eyes and caring hearts. Away from the chivalrous souls that feel the need to protect a damsel in distress. There's nothing damsel here, no distress to be quelled. I'm comfortably numb... A shadow along the wall, watching in silent contemplation as the world continues its play on its small stage within a vast universe.

Here I shall remain, a silent observer, knowing that to speak, even in riddles, would only induce unwanted attention. Here, I am Safe. Hidden behind these words; dancing images along a ghostly screen.

Still and unseen...nestled within the silence deep inside of me.

-Fades to Black-

No comments:

Post a Comment